Senior Java Developer
New challenges go hand in hand with our growth, so we are looking for some new blood.
We work on projects in the banking sector as well as on the startup scene. New opportunities lie ahead of us, which means there will be exciting projects right from the start. That's why we need someone who is raring to go!
How it works in Applifting
What we expect from you:
- Spring or other JVM BE framework.
- Hibernate or other ORM framework.
- Distributed systems (basic knowledge).
- Docker (basic skills).
- Czech or English, at B1 level or higher.
And what you can score extra points with:
- SQL databases (preferably NoSQL)—ideally PostgreSQL.
- OpenAPI / Swagger.
- OpenID Connect.
- Writing HTTP APIs in Java/Kotlin.
- Working with Elasticsearch or other full-text search engines.
In return, you’ll get:
- 🖖 Hey buddy attitude and open culture.
- ⏰ Flexible working hours—work anywhere and anytime you want, be it from the office or at home.
- 💻 MacBook that matches your needs (with an option to upgrade).
- 💸 Sharing 10% of our profits with Applifters at the end of the year.
- 👫 Mentorship programme—everyone has a mentor here, some even have two.
- 📚 Personal growth—a budget for conferences, training, or books of your choice.
- 🇬🇧 English courses—whether it’s in a group or on your own.
- ⚖️ Taking good care of our mental well-being in cooperation with therapists from Terap.io.
- 🦸 Spirit of Applifting—you get paid for the time you spend on good deeds, both during and outside your working hours.
- 🚴♂️ MultiSport card and a place to exercise at work as well.
- 🍺 Meetups, team building activities, and other community events.
- 🛋 Rest zones, a meetup space, and a game room.
- 👼 Offices where all manners of kids and pets are welcome.